Time and emotions are an interesting combination.
I truly believe that a lot of strong emotions quell as time passes by.
How come at one time I was so passionate/filled/consumed with people/things/ideas whether it be positive or negative, and how can this passion be gone after time?
Things. I remember I used to be obsessed with pogs when I was a kid. I kept on thinking about where to buy the newest pogs, slammers, and cases. I also remember being so angry when my school banned pogs. How come I'm not as passionate about pogs anymore? Time.
People. I remember when I used to have crushes on boys from preschool in Korea to post college. How could someone who gave be butterflies in my stomach every time I saw him make me feel nothing now? How come I don't hate people I used want to beat up in middle school anymore? Time.
Events. There are certain events that happened to me that consumed my thoughts/feelings with anger, frustration and sadness when they happened. My first car accident, the Introduction to Empirical Analysis and Quantitative Methods class at Berkeley and deaths. How come I don't constantly feel anger, frustration and sadness? Time.
Yet there are certain emotions/feelings/consumptions that I don't want time to quell.
Love. For God and people.
Compassion. For all people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
agree.
Post a Comment