Friday, May 1, 2009

A Job

Me: Hi Appa

Dad: Hi. How come you never call me back? You're not busy! You don't have a boyfriend. hahahaha

Me: Appa, I'm busy! I work all day and I ALWAYS call you. You never call me.

Dad: I called you about something but I forgot. Are you going to get a job when you get to LA? Also, when are you going to come visit my new store?

Me: I want to get a job but I might just do an unpaid internship instead. I can't come see the store until June.

Dad: Do you want me to help you find a job?

Me: Appa, you have connections in LA? They're all clothing related huh.

Dad: Of course! Those are the only connections I have!

Me: How much will they pay?

Dad: $8 an hour.

Me: $8 AN HOUR!?!?!? Appa, are you crazy!?!?!? I can get paid $30 and hour for tutoring! I graduated from Berkeley and I'm going to grad school and you want me to work in the fashion district for $8 an hour?!?!

Dad: Ok then, why don't you just come work at my store? Don't worry, I'll pay you.

Me: >:O

I think my dad purposely said $8 to make working at his store look enticing. HAHAHAHA.

1 comment:

Kevin Li said...

ur dad is awesome. business man i tell ya... hes a natural