Thursday, August 28, 2014

Breast Abscess

I went into the breast clinic yesterday because my right breast was still itchy, red, and puffy even after I took antibiotics for my second bout with mastitis. I thought it'd be a regular visit, but I ended up getting an incision and drainage procedure done. I read about it previously and they made it seem like it would be nothing, but boy was I wrong.

I shouldn't have looked at the table with all the tools, but I did. I saw the huge needle and I kind of freaked out. Next thing I know, I'm laying down and the needle with the anesthetic is going in and out all over my right breast. I look over and there's liquid from the anesthetic and blood dripping down. Later, she gets a scalpel and cuts open my breast. She squeezes the contents and says there's residual milk, because it's yellow. She gets the scalpel again and cuts deeper. She also uses a scissor. Afterwards, she stuffs my breasts with this gauze and tells me to take it out tomorrow.

I go out, get Taylor, and pick up my antibiotics. Next thing I know, I'm in so much pain, that I'm in tears. I didn't even cry when I was in labor and giving birth. I was supposed to pick up Ji so that we can go to the singles event, but I couldn't drive. I was just waiting outside and crying from pain. We ended up going to the ER and getting a prescription for norco and motrin.

I had to take my mother in law to an appointment the next day, but Janice went instead. My in laws also watched Taylor and I got to stay home and rest.

During the rest of the day, I was just looking at pictures and videos of Taylor. I missed her so much that I cried. Once Ji came home and brought Taylor, I kissed her and bawled.

I had to take out the gauze packing today, and it hurt like crazy. Once again, I cried. Ji also had to help me take a shower bc it hurt to do it myself.

I also had to cancel my birthday dinner reservation at Spruce. Sadness.

I hope to never have another breast abscess again. There are no guarantees, but I REALLY don't want to go through that procedure ever again. The effects of breastfeeding are so brutal. Mastitis twice, a breast abscess, an incision and drainage procedure, and going to the ER twice.

However, I should consider myself blessed. I have in laws close by that can take care of Taylor. I have a husband who really cares for me. I found out that he was trying to order a dduk cake and trying to get Nari and Seil to come over for my birthday, since canceling our dinner reservations (he was trying to keep it a secret, but I saw his texts).

I don't want to whine and complain about my 30th being sucky. I'll just celebrate another day and make it awesome. :)

No comments: