Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Adieu 2011

One year ago I was at Swan and Charles' New Year's Eve party chanting "2011 MARRIAGE OR BUST" just to give people a laugh.  I've come a long way since then. 2011 has been marked by a mix of stupidity and redemption.

Education - Complete Stupidity
This past May I got a useless master's degree from USC. Although I ended up paying the school thousands of dollars and receiving the gift of unemployment and a cheap piece of paper (aka a degree) in exchange, at least I learned that I've been stupid for 27 years!!! All my life, I had this dumb thought that my career would be set by just pursuing higher education at fine institutions. Who knew that studying all day at the library and getting A's would not get you a job? You actually need to have a career plan, suck up to people, and be kind of ruthless to get a job that pays good money! DUH!!!

Money - Some Stupidity
Instead of looking for jobs around graduation, I spent my time planning for a Europe trip. I wanted to be "responsible" this time around so I spent my life savings on this trip. My plan was to live out my young single life to the MAX. Since marriage was not in my future I was going to live it up!! Besides, I had my whole life ahead of me (Lord willing) to save more money, buy a condo without a mortgage, and make money off of renting my extra room to a roommate. Europe was an amazing and unforgettable experience. The some stupidity came in the realization that I should've saved more money when I worked. Then I realized that I spent most of my money on food which turned into poo and was flushed down the toilet, hence the reason why I didn't have much in my savings. Basically, I turned my money into poo...literally. BUT, I was glad that I could spend what little I had on an adventure of a lifetime.

Relationships - Redemption
This past year I fell in love with an amazing boy. Redemption!!!!!!

1 comment:

tumbalina3 said...

:))) you crack me up, grace. money -> poo. good job.