I received a City/County Management Fellowship from USC and I was super thankful, but I feel like I'm selling my soul for thousands of dollars because they're making me go to all these events and suffocating me with forced socialization!
I hate awkward forced meetings that have no point in my eyes. I'm usually the one standing around all the food and eating by myself while my peers go and hunt for influential people and try to make connections/network so that they can be one step closer in ruling the world.
Networking and trying to get ahead is meaningless because in the end we all die and we either go to heaven or hell.
So many things in the world are so meaningless.
"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher,
"Vanity of vanities! All is vanity."
What advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun?
Thus I considered all my activities which my hands had done and the labor which I had exerted, and behold all was vanity and striving after wind and there was no profit under the sun.
-Ecclesiastes 1:2-3, 2:11
I think Ecclesiastes chapter 2 really shows the futility in so many things people in the world are pursuing yet it is all vanity and striving after the wind. The fact that I am forced to take part in such vanity and striving after the wind because of this fellowship upsets me.
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
way to relate it to vanity...haha...
besides, aren't you good at lookin for food and enjoying it by yourself? didn't you do that in berkeley when you were in senate? hahaha
oh shoot! you're one step closer to kicking me out of this country
AH!
Post a Comment